Year one maths
In year one maths, kids will be learning to count to at least 20, write numbers and recognise basic shapes. year one will also expose them to the concepts of more or less, and addition and subtraction. As you can see, it's a big year for maths learning! You can support skill development with these supplemental learning activities:
- Have fun with dominoes! Take turns with your child picking up tiles. The person with the most dots on their tiles gets to keep it and the person with the biggest tile at the end wins.
- Play the game of UNO with your child, which provides multiple opportunities for reinforcing number sense.
- Draw a shape on a piece of paper and ask kids to draw the same shape, then talk about the name of the shape.
- Download and print some of the worksheets on Education.com that are specific to the core maths skills in the year one curriculum.
- For a more general look at maths concepts, browse all of our Maths worksheets.