Parts of Speech Resources
Parts of speech are the most basic bits and pieces that make clauses and sentences. Without parts of speech, you can’t have sentences, and without sentences, no paragraphs -- without paragraphs, no books, essays, and everything else! Get started constructing complete sentences with parts of speech learning, presented in the form of worksheets, workbooks, games, activities, and more.
Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions…! Developing language skills means knowing what different kinds of words do in a sentence. Our worksheets, activities, and games help your child learn parts of speech in numerous different ways:
- Stories – Check out the interesting stories that you complete. Come up with words to fill in the blanks, like Mad Libs but with more grammar.
- Editing – Your child can read sentences with grammatical problems and fix them. Correcting problems in the same part of speech is great practice.
- Underlining – Some of our worksheets and activities ask your child to underline parts of speech. Want to find all the prepositions? Get out a red pen!
- Card games – Check out our card games. On each card is a fun example of a part of speech. Each game is different, so give them a try!
- Diagramming sentences – An old-fashioned skill that is still a lot of fun. Your child can learn to diagram and visualize grammar. They will be able to see the way parts of speech function in a sentence.
After you’re done, put those grammar skills to the test with our resources on diagramming sentences