Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
Which is Your Favorite Season?
Students will be able to differentiate between the four seasons.
- Ask your students if they know what the four seasons are.
- List the names of the seasons on the board.
- Ask your students the name of the current season.
- Ask your students to describe the current season. Have them elaborate on what the weather is like, what people wear, and what people do during the season.
Explicit instruction/Teacher modeling(15 minutes)
- Draw 4 columns on the board and title them Summer, fall, winter,And Spring.
- Ask your students to come up with words that describe them, such as hot, muggy, or cool. Write the words in the columns.
Guided practise/Interactive modeling(30 minutes)
- Instruct your students to complete the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter worksheets with a partner.
- Go over the worksheets as a class.
- When you are going over the worksheets with your students, ask your students informal questions about the items worn in each season. For example: Why do we wear a jacket in the winter? Why do we wear shorts in the summer? Why do we wear dresses in the spring?
Independent working time(15 minutes)
- Ask your students to complete the What Should I Wear worksheet.
- Go over the worksheet with your students.
- Enrichment:Instruct students to complete the Silly Sciences worksheet. After they finish the worksheet, ask them to write 2 sentences about each holiday on notebook paper. This worksheet will enable students to make the connection between seasons and their respective holidays.
- Support:Ask your students to complete The Four Seasons worksheet. Ask students informal questions about what they see in each picture. For example: What activities are the children doing in this picture of this season?This worksheet will enable students to visualize each season in their minds.
- Ask your students to complete the Season Sleuths worksheet.
Review and closing(20 minutes)
- Pass out 3 sheets of stapled paper to each student.
- Instruct your students to title the first page Seasons. Write the word SeasonsOn the board.
- Ask your students to title the second page Fall, the back of the second page Spring, the third page Winter, and the back of the third page Summer.
- Instruct your students to create pictures for each season on the season's page. Direct them to write at least 3 words that describe the season on the season's page.