Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
The Night Before year two
Students will be able to reflect on their own feelings about moving to year two.
- Talk to the students about getting ready to move to year two.
- Tell them you are going to read them a book that will help them understand their feelings about going to year two.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling(10 minutes)
- Go through the pictures in The Night Before year twoAs a class.
- Read the story aloud.
Guided practise(10 minutes)
- Have the students talk to you about some of the feelings have when they think about going to year two.
- Write out some of their emotions on the board.
Independent working time(20 minutes)
- Distribute the sheets of paper.
- Give students time to think about some other feelings they are having about going to the next grade.
- Give them time to write about how they feel about going to the next grade. Tell students they can use words and pictures to explain their feelings.
- Allow struggling students to primarily use drawings for their assignment.
- Have advanced students use only complete sentences to show their emotions—no pictures.
- Collect students' writing assignments once they're done. Review them later to assess understanding.
Review and closing(15 minutes)
- Pick a few random students to share their writing with the class.