Sub Plans for year three
- In this week, students will be able to:
- Analyze character traits and make connections to their own personal traits.
- Use evidence to describe the traits of fictional characters.
- Read and discuss books that celebrate all children.
- Explore different data collection techniques to collect and interpret meaningful data.
- Draw and write about their neighbourhood.
- Understand and describe parts of a map, use context clues to understand academic vocabulary, and create their own maps.
- Express the people, things, places, and ideas that are meaningful to them through the use of writing and art
- Tap into their creative side by creating an All About MeBook and watercolor butterflies.
- Partake in a STEM design challenge to design a bridge that is made out of marshmallows and toothpicks, focusing on its functionality.
CLICK on the image to download the full lesson plan.
- In general, this week-long packet breaks down into this approximate time frame each day:
- Two to three hours of literacy
- One hour of maths
- One hour of connected content (social studies and/or science)
- Thirty minutes of art, movement, or fun