Sub Plans for year two
- In this week, students will be able to:
- Expand their knowledge of butterflies, ocean animals, alligators, and other creatures.
- Connect ideas about animals through classic stories like Cat in the Hat, Three Little Pigs, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- Gather information from fictional and nonfiction sources and answer questions.
- Conduct research with support to write poems, informative sentences, and a narrative about a fictional animal.
- Add, subtract, and compare numbers with animal visuals as support.
- Use imaginary storytelling and art to explore ideas about animals and their habitats,
- Work with integrated social studies and science content in the form of literacy lessons.
CLICK on the image to download the full lesson plan.
- In general, this week-long packet breaks down into this approximate time frame each day:
- Two to three hours of literacy
- One hour of maths
- One hour of connected content (social studies and/or science)
- Thirty minutes of art, movement, or fun