Sub Plans for year six
- Planning for a substitute in the classroom has never been easier than with this week-long sub packet! Your substitute can supercharge learning by using these lessons about real-life heroes and inspire students to become positive role models themselves!
- In this week, students will be able to:
- Discuss the idea of heroes, both real and imagined.
- Examine nonfiction texts about historical figures.
- Research ideas and write about an imagined heroic figure.
- Use purposeful language like onomatopoeia, hyperbole, and homophones in their writing.
- Explore the United States Constitution so they can assess how they can be heroes within the confines of US law and the Bill of Rights.
- Review place value with whole numbers through the millions period.
- Understand the powers of 10 with whole numbers and decimals.
- Work with integrated social studies and science content in the form of literacy lessons.
CLICK on the image to download the five-day sub plan.
- In general, this week-long packet breaks down into this approximate time frame each day:
- Two to three hours of literacy
- One hour of maths
- One hour of connected content (social studies and/or science)
- Thirty minutes of art, movement, or fun