Students will be able to use and identify pronouns.
- Review pronouns with flashcards, and show students examples of pronouns in the room.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling(10 minutes)
- Explain to your students that a PronounIs a word used instead of a noun.
- Write the following pronouns on the board: He, she, her, him, I, you, we,And They.
- Have students demonstrate with their partner what these pronouns mean by identifying them in the room.
Guided practise(10 minutes)
- Using flashcards, review again what a pronoun is, and have the students teach the class the definition.
- First, have your students say a sentence with the proper noun. Then, direct your students to use the pronouns in a new sentence replacing the first one.
Independent working time(5 minutes)
- Test students verbally by giving examples and nonexamples of pronouns.
- Direct your students to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on the right and wrong uses of pronouns that you give.
- Enrichment:Use pronouns in a class story, and make it into a play to demonstrate in front of the class. Have your students draw the stories in a book.
- Support:Have students point to the pronouns in the class instead of writing them.
- Distribute the three worksheets for your students to complete.
- Save the Subject Pronouns worksheet for later if you are short on time.
Review and closing(5 minutes)
- Review and have the students define a pronoun, identify the types of pronouns, and use them in a sentence.