Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
My Five Senses
Students will be able to identify and describe the five senses.
- Tell the students you are going to talk about their five senses.
- Ask if anybody can tell you the five senses.
- Review the senses and what they do, then play the Five SensesVideo.
- Have students just listen to the words, then play it again and allow them to join in with the singing.
Explicit instruction/Teacher modeling(15 minutes)
- Give the students the chance to tell you what they know about their five senses. Write down their answers on the chart paper.
- A student will give you a sense and what it is used for. Another student will give you an example of that sense being used.
Guided practise/Interactive modeling(15 minutes)
- Make five groups with your students.
- Assign to each group one of the senses.
- That group will be in charge of completing the worksheet that goes with their sense and reporting back to the class.
Independent working time(10 minutes)
- Have students complete the My Five Senses worksheets on their own.
- Once all the students have completed the worksheet, have them check their answers with nearby peers.
- Enrichment:Have advanced students write the names of things that go with each sense.
- *Support:Provide struggling students with one-on-one assistance.
- Give each student a folded piece of paper.
- Ask students to draw a picture for each sense in each box. They should make sure to include the names of the senses.
Review and closing(10 minutes)
- To close out the lesson, have the students tell you the senses.