Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
I Know My Numbers 1 to 100
Students will be able to count to 100 by ones and by tens.
- Tell your students that they will be counting from one to ten using fish snack crackers and ten to one hundred using fish flash cards.
Explicit instruction/Teacher modeling(10 minutes)
- Pass out 10 fish snack crackers and a placemat to each student.
- Write the number one on the board and draw a simple fish.
- Tell your students to follow along with you. Continue these steps for all numbers from one through ten.
Guided practise/Interactive modeling(15 minutes)
- Instruct your students to count their fish one by one until they reach 10.
- Walk around, and check to make sure the students are completing the activity accurately.
- After you have checked for comprehension, have students get in pairs or small groups.
- Pass out the fish flash cards, and practise counting to 100 by multiples of 10.
- Have your students go in order and practise with their partners.
Independent working time(15 minutes)
- Have the students go back to their seats.
- Pass out paper to each student.
- Have them write the number 1 and choose a visual representation of their choice and draw it.
- Continue to have them follow your oral instructions and draw the numbers from one to ten.
- Enrichment:Have students come up with ways to teach the maths concept to students who need extra support. Give them other manipulatives in the classroom, such as plastic bear counters.
- Support:Give your students extra manipulatives to work with.
- Collect the papers that the students drew on during independent working time.
- Check to see if the students were able to accurately depict each of the numbers from one to ten.
Review and closing(10 minutes)
- Have 10 students come to the front of the class and stand in a row. Tell them that when you tap on their heads, they need to take a step forward.
- Tap on one student and say one number at a time, going down the line until you get to the number 10.
- Finally, practise counting to 100 in multiples of 10.