Or download our app "Guided Lessons by Education.com" on your device's app store.
Students will be able to write words after seeing them.
- Ask your students if they have ever had to Copy, or imitate, something.
- Explain to your students that they have to copy down all the words that you will be writing down on the board.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling(10 minutes)
- Hand your students the headbands, and have them colour the cat's face and write their names on the band.
- Help them to put the headbands on.
- Tell them to pay attention to the words you will be writing down.
- Have them say the words after you have written them.
- Remind them to write the words on the lines of the paper.
- Write a word on the board and then copy it down on lined paper to demonstrate the activity.
Guided practise(10 minutes)
- Now, write more words on your board, and ask the students to read them out loud.
- Invite some students to copy down one word at a time on the paper you copied the word onto earlier.
- Ask the students to write their names on their own papers.
- Have the students copy down your new words on their papers.
Independent working time(10 minutes)
- Check to see if the students have followed your instructions.
- If they have been writing down your words, write down a few more words on the board, and direct them to work on their own.
- Walk around the classroom to check on their work.
- Provide help where needed.
- Enrichment:Say harder words for your students to spell out on their own.
- Support:Give students paper with the words written on it. Ask your students to highlight the words and trace over them with pencils.
- Ask questions to check if they have understood the activity.
- Check their work to see that they have copied your words correctly.
- Have them read the copied words out to you.
Review and closing(5 minutes)
- Ask them if they learned any new words while copying down your words.